SFRAW VITALITY BLEND
our super amazing green VITAMIN-MINERAL PACKED SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
A potent nutrient dense 100% raw organic whole food vitamin-mineral supplement that provides antioxidants, fiber, enzymes, vitamins & minerals TO THE FRESH FOOD DIET!
DID YOU KNOW? We add SFRAW VITALITY BLEND to all of our SFRAW FORMULAS SO YOU DON’T NEED TO!
But we also sell SFRAW VITALITY BLEND “a la carte” for those that want to add this incredible supplemental food to your own DIY Menus, COOKED OR fresh food HOME-PREPARED diets!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WONDERFUL, CAREFULLY SOURCED, COMBINED & SELECTED INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS OUTSTANDING VITAMIN-MINERAL SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD BELOW:
- Only the Best Organic, Raw INGREDIENTS are used! Everything is 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC & 100% RAW WHOLE FOOD!
- KASIE’S “GREEN SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE” VITALITY BLEND is MADE WITH LOVE & HEALING ENERGY + starts with a blend of CERTIFIED ORGANIC, LOCAL, FRESH LOW-GLYCEMIC GREEN PRODUCE including a fresh mix of:
FRESH RAW ORGANIC GREENS including baby leafy winter & spring greens including Mei Quing, Red Russian kale, Siberian kale, Lacinto kale, Red Chard, Green Chard, Beet Tops, Escarole, Burgundy Amaranth, Purple Bok Choy Flower, Green Romaine, Red Romaine, Green Oak, Red Oak, Lollorosa, Tango, Red Leaf, Green Leaf, Tatsoi, Red Mustard, Mizuna, Radicchio, Frisée, and Dandelion;
- Dandelion is a true superfood – prized for being a liver/kidney cleansing food, and digestive aid that is a super nutritious source of vitamins and minerals such as potassium that is among those foods highest in inulin (sunchoke is another!) It also helps the liver remove toxins more efficiently, has powerful liver-protecting properties, and prevents urinary tract infections. Dandelion greens also contain the flavonoid zeaxanthin, as well as the carotenoid lutein, both of which may help shield the retina from ultraviolet rays and reduce the risk for eye damage. The carotenoids alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin are present in dandelion greens as well — these compounds have been found to help lower the risk of lung and mouth cancers.
FRESH RAW ORGANIC CELERY, FENNEL & BRASSICAS on rotation (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbages);
- Celery is a good source of antioxidants and other healthy, disease-fighting plant compounds like phytonutrients and flavonoids, it’s also high in electrolytes. Electrolytes help with hydration, maintaining healthy blood pressure, repairing tissue damage, and making sure muscles and nerves work correctly. A potent anti-inflammatory food, celery has compounds that help to fight cancer and other inflammatory diseases.
- Fennel has been used to provide relief from anemia, indigestion, flatulence, constipation, colic, diarrhea, respiratory disorders. With significant of antioxidants (flavonoids, alkaloids, and phenols), research on fennel has shown it may inhibit the growth of tumors, with the potential to be chemoprotective against the harmful effects of radiation during cancer treatment.
- Daikon Radish is wonderful during this season as it supports the immune system as well as respiratory health with and antiviral properties. Laboratory experiments have shown that daikon may display strong antibacterial activity against a host of diseases causing microbes like Hafnia alvei, , and Bacillus thuringiensis as well as fungal species such as Penicillium lilacinum. It also contains amylase and esterase, enzymes that facilitate more efficient digestion, helping to prevent constipation and increase nutrient uptake efficiency in the gut – when paired with animal protein, daikon can facilitate the digestion of fats & protein and increase the metabolic bioavailability of animal proteins in the body.
- Sunchoke is a humble low-glycemic root that is good source of iron, potassium and thiamin, but most significantly, is an exceptional source of inulin, a highly valued prebiotic fiber. Prebiotic foods encourage the growth and activity of beneficial microbes in the intestinal tract, thereby promoting overall improvements in overall health.
- Burdock Root has been used as food and medicine for centuries in various ways, including as a diuretic to aid digestion. It contains a variety of nutrients such as antioxidants and inulin fiber, known to help with conditions like skin disorders (it’s a favorite of ours for animals suffering from acute moist dermatitis “hot spots”), inflammation, digestion, and liver health.
- Nettle Leaf is high in polyphenols (antioxidants) and can aid the body in flushing harmful bacteria from the urinary tract. It may also reduce the inflammation and pain association with osteoarthritis.
- Sunflower sprouts contain a balanced supply of essential amino acids and are rich in vitamins A, D, E and the B complex, including folate and contain high levels of potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Broccoli Sprouts contain the compound called sulforaphane; and is the most potent source having 10x the abundance compared to broccoli. The list of conditions which have benefitted from Sulforaphane administration in research includes: Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Cancer (Prostate, Breast, Skin, Stomach), Chronic Inflammation, Alzheimer’s/Cognitive Impairment, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Skin/Dermal Conditions, Ageing, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, Autoimmune Diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis, Schizophrenia, Digestive Issues. To date, sulforaphane is the most potent, naturally occurring compound to have ever been discovered that triggers this pathway and improves the ability of our cells to fight off various infections.
FRESH ORGANIC RAW CULINARY HERBS, selection of three or four including: Parsley, Dill, Oregano, Thyme, Savory, Chervil, Tarragon, Basil, Rosemary, Mint. The culinary herbs we use contain an array of healing properties and work to support cleansing and detoxification, reduce inflammation, support liver function and aid in the clearance of heavy metals from the body. For example:
- Parsley contains vitamin K, essential for proper blood clotting and bone health, and works to support liver cleansing.
- Oregano is most known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, to be effective against food-borne illnesses, common colds, flus and respiratory infections.
- Dill has long been used to help manage and prevent digestive ills (flatulence, gastritis, enteritis, diarrhea, stomach pain, hiccups, and bad breath) and to promote lactation in mothers. The Vikings cultivated a plant they called “dilla,” or “soothing,” that was administered to soothe colic in babies.
- Ginger contains gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties; and appears to have protective effects against cancer, age-related damage to the brain, infections from harmful bacteria and viruses. It is known to be beneficial for reliving symptoms of indigestion and related digestive discomforts.
FRESH RAW LOCALLY PASTURE-RAISED GOAT MILK is a delicious, health promoting seasonal food. Health conditions raw goat’s milk appear to help include a variety of degenerative diseases, allergies, arthritis, and GI imbalances including irritable bowel syndrome. Nutritionally, goat’s milk is rich in enzymes and beneficial bacteria, essential fatty acids, vitamin B6, niacin, potassium, vitamins (preformed retinol) A, E & D3, and healthy cholesterol (vital for proper brain function, sex hormones and more). It provides more calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, selenium, and K2 than cow’s milk. Raw goat milk is an exceptional addition to the daily diet for young kittens & puppies. Natural Rearing breeders and many cultures around the world rely on this functional, nutritious raw food to promote healthy growth, and stronger immunity in human babies, kittens & puppies. Long used and recommended as an aid in the treatment of ulcers due to its more effective acid buffering capacity, goat milk has more buffering capacity than over the counter antacids. Being rich in alkaline minerals, goat milk alkalinizes the digestive system. Compared to other forms of dairy, goat milk is highest in the amino acid L-glutamine. L-glutamine is an amino acid we frequently recommend for cats and dogs with IBD and colitis; or for animals we suspect may have what is referred to as hyperpermeable bowel, or “leaky gut syndrome”. This amino-acid works to repair the lining of the gut and helps to resolve this common gut permeability condition. Leaky gut is a very common, yet serious syndrome that contributes to a variety of chronic diseases including skin allergies and other autoimmune diseases throughout the body. Fun Factoid: One of the longest lived dogs on record enjoyed twice a day servings of fresh raw goat milk – up to two cups per day for a medium sized dog! Raw goat milk sure did work for her — she lived to be 30-years old, free from vet visits, illness or debility, and passed of natural causes.
RAW ORGANIC UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV) contains beneficial enzymes & bacteria that aids digestion plus magnesium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, amino acids & antioxidants. Benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar include improved digestion; reduced acid reflux and indigestion; reduced gas & bloating; improves digestive pH; reduces the risk of fungal and bacterial infections; contains acetic acid which can kill some pathogenic bacteria and viruses with a bactericidal effect on food-borne pathogenic bacteria including enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC) O157:H7; safely lowers blood sugar; increases satiety; improves cardiovascular health; decreases the risk of cancer & slows down growth of cancer cells; improves skin, coat color, coat quality & soothes symptoms of arthritis.
RAW ORGANIC CAROB 100% raw (this is exceptional, most “raw” carob powder is actually pre-roasted), organic and incredible food that supports gut health and digestion as a prebiotic low-glycemic insoluble fiber, and it also provides beneficial vitamins & minerals. As a traditional nutritive herb, carob was used to help prevent joint dysplasia when fed to growing puppies. Carob is an excellent source of calcium and potassium, and also contains magnesium, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. It is a valuable source of vitamin B6, C, D, and E. Our Australian carob is the best quality and best tasting carob in the world and is 100% Certified Organic and Non GMO Certified.
- Kelp – an excellent source of iodine as well as sodium, potassium, magnesium and contains more than sixty bio-available minerals, vitamins, fiber, and a host of bioactive compounds and phytonutrients. Our certified organic kelp is an Icelandic blend of different species that is third-party tested for heavy metals, pesticides and herbicides, petroleum residues, radioactivity, and microbiological concerns.
- Dulse – good source of potassium, iron, and other essential minerals and vitamins, and it contains about 20% protein. Hand-harvested from carefully selected beds of the North Atlantic to be in compliance with Organic standards, ensuring maximum quality and minimal contamination. Tested for heavy metals, pesticides and herbicides, petroleum residues, radioactivity, and microbiological concerns.
- Spirulina – gram for gram, spirulina may be the single most nutritious food on the planet. It is an excellent source of protein (with all essential amino acids and similar in composition to eggs), vitamins and minerals including iron; carotenoids, GLA, SOD, and phycocyanin. Our spirulina is certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Sprouting seeds helps break down phytic acid, a natural plant compound often called an “anti-nutrient” due to its negative effects on inhibiting mineral absorption. Soaking and sprouting seeds is also referred to as “activating”; this natural process essentially helps unlock the nutrients within the seeds, making these nutrients easier for your body to absorb. After sprouting, the resulting enzyme activity begins to pre-digest (or break down) the starches found in seeds, making seeds not only more nutritious but much easier to digest.
- Pumpkin Seeds are a good source of zinc which supports a strong immune system and improves skin/coat/nail health. They also contain the amino acid cucurbitin, which works to paralyze and eliminate parasites from your dog’s digestive tract. Traditionally, pumpkin seeds have been used as a safe, gentle natural parasite remedy in animals. They are also a source of antioxidants, Vitamin E, B Vitamins, Magnesium, and Copper.
- Sunflower Seeds are an excellent source of Vitamin E, contain a balanced supply of essential amino acids and are rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron.
SFRAW ORGANIC NUTRITIVE SEASONAL HERB BLEND Originally developed by Kasie Maxwell Grujcic in 2001, the herbs used in our Nutritive Seasonal Blends are known for their wholesome and nutritive qualities and serve to balance key energetics associated with or influenced by each season according to Traditional Chinese Medicine Five Element Theory. Western culinary herbs that have a history of traditional use for supporting or balancing the different systems/organs within of the body that may be influenced by or could benefit from extra support during each season are blended as keynote herbs combined with a highly nutritive base herb. The result is a healthy, balanced, systemically strengthening whole food supplement that supports the body’s energetic and nutritional balance through each season, throughout the year. Crafted locally in small batches using only the highest quality, certified organic or wild-harvested herbs. SFRAW’s Own Nutritive Herb Blends change each season (Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer). Please go to this page to learn about each SFRAW Nutritive Seasonal Blend.
- OUR OWN ORGANIC WHOLEFOOD VITAMIN C BLEND! We prepare own organic superfruit blend for the best, cleanest and most useable and biologically recognizable forms of antioxidant vitamin C. We blend FOUR potent whole herbs/fruits Organic Acerola Cherries, Organic Amla, Organic Rosehips, Organic Camu Camu as a complete complex that includes ascorbic acid, bioflavanoids and important co-factors required for proper tissue growth and repair, red blood cell formation, collagen production, and adrenal gland function. While dogs and cats make their own vitamin C, natural reserves may become depleted during periods of growth, breeding, illness, increased physical activity or stress. Using a 100% whole food source of vitamin C is important for the body to recognize the many beneficial compounds found in this powerful antioxidant.
Organic Unrefined, Fair-trade/animal-friendly Red Palm Oil provides a food source of over ten different forms of carotenes, including alpha-carotene and beta-carotene (vitamin A) and additional antioxidants, such as unique forms of tocopherols and tocotrienols (vitamin E), and CoEnzyme Q10. Highly nourishing for the skin and hair, Red Palm Fruit Oil is rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin E and carotenoids which help to reduce signs of ageing. High carotenes not only gives the oil its signature red color, but can help improve your animal’s coat color/pigmentation. It also contains high levels of oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid with health benefits including cancer prevention, and protection against cognitive decline.
Our Red Palm Oil is made from pure, sustainably grown and community harvested palm fruits. The fruit is processed in a modern Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certified facility and is a Registered RSPO Supply Chain Associate. To become RSPO certified, the palm oil production must meet stringent sustainability criteria.
Red Palm Oil is a wonderful food that provides the full spectrum of tocopherols (natural vitamin E) including tocotrienols, and is rich in natural carotenoids (vitamin A) and the antioxidant CoEnzyme Q10, which supports healthy mouth/teeth and cardiac function. Depending on which source you refer to, the nutritional profile information for red palm oil can vary significantly. So unless you get a nutritional analysis profile from the manufacturer of a specific batch of product, we will need to make some basic assumptions and generalizations within a range of possibilities when comparing the various well-respected brands of organic, unrefined red palm oils on the market. Remember that this is a FOOD (nutritional values of real, natural food will always vary) that is sourced from different regions and handled differently by the different manufacturers, so the best you can do is consider the range of these beneficial nutrients that you may be working with. In my opinion, feeding non-standardized, natural food based supplements provides safer and better results than synthetic or highly synthesized, yet standardized, supplements. This is a personal preference. I realize that others may find a natural yet standardized supplement more comforting for the reliability and consistency of the target nutrient being provided through supplementation.
Most sources I have seen state that Red Palm Oil is composed of 30% tocopherols and 70% tocotrienols; providing more than/over 800 mg/kg of natural tocotrienols and tocopherols.
Breakdown of Vitamin E composition per tablespoon of unrefined palm oil %/IUs:
alpha-tocopherol (alpha-T): 17% (2.38-3.91 IU)
alpha-tocotrienol alpha-T3): 24% (3.36-5.5 IU)
alpha-tocomonoenol (alpha-??): 3% (.42-.69 IU)
gamma-tocotrienol (gamma T3): 49% (6.86-11.27 IU)
delta-tocotrienol (delta T3): 7% (.98-1.61 IU)
Refining, bleaching and deodorizing reduces Vitamin E content by ~20%
“Palm oil contains 600-1000 ppm of vitamin E”
– Source: The_Effect_of_Physical_Refining_on_Palm_Vitamin_E_(Tocopherol_Tocotrienol_and_Tocomonoenol)
FEEDING VITALITY BLEND: An incredibly nutrient dense, whole food vitamin-mineral supplement; feed between 5-10% of your pet’s total ration. We recommend feeding one 15 fl. oz. container for every 10-lbs of raw, home-prepared diets/meals.
MUST BE COMBINED WITH SFRAW GRINDS, PREY-MODEL MEALS OR EQUIVALENT; THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN MEAT, ORGANS, CALCIUM OR EFAS. IT IS A SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD ONLY.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS AND RECCOMENDATIONS: We strongly recommend feeding in conjunction with additional source of omega-3 rich foods such as: pasture-raised Iberico or Wild Boar Fat; Ghee or Pasture-Raised Raw Spring Harvest Butter; Egg Yolks, Raw Wild Cod Livers, or feeding fresh/frozen FISH/SEAFOOD (up to 10% of the diet is ideal, we do not recommend seafood or fish for felines, only canines).
HANDLING: Feed or freeze within 2 days. Intended for supplemental feeding only.